Deduction Finder uses artificial intelligence to scan your expenses to help you find the ones that are likely deductible for your business. You can scan your expenses at any time to help you find new deductions.
To use Deduction Finder, first make sure your bank/credit card is linked for expenses. If you haven’t linked your accounts yet, just follow the steps here.
After linking your account, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Expenses screen and tap the “Scan Now” button.
2. Deduction Finder will pop up. Click “Scan Expenses” .
3. When Deduction Finder has finished scanning your expenses, you’ll get a summary of the deductions found. Click the “Tag Expenses” button.
4. First review your Very Likely expenses. You can select all by selecting the checkbox at the top or select the checkboxes next to the individual expenses you’d like to tag. After selecting them, click the “Tag as Business” or “Tag as Personal” buttons at the top to tag them for you.
5. When done tagging the Very Likely expenses, click the “Next” button in the top right corner and repeat the same process for the “Not Likely” expenses.
6. Click “Done” in the top right corner and Deduction Finder will let you know how many expenses were tagged.
7. You’ll be able to tag other transactions in the Expenses section, but if you ever want to scan for Deductions again, just click the “Find Deductions” button on the Expenses screen.