Hurdlr includes many default business expense categories to classify your expenses, but you can also add your own custom ones.
To add a custom business expense category:
- Tap 3 dots top left corner on the mobile app or gear icon in the top right on the web app
- Select Business Categories
- Tap plus sign in top right corner
- Enter the name of your new expense category in the Category Name Field
- Select the heading you’d like the expense to fall under for the Parent Category Field
- Select the Expense Account the category best maps to
To add custom personal expense categories, follow the steps here.
Note: You cannot create custom parent categories or expense accounts as those are used to map to tax categories on the Schedule C.