With the Income and Expense Import feature, you can upload a CSV file (spreadsheet) of your bank statement, credit card transactions, or even transactions from an app that you used before Hurdlr. This can be helpful for tracking historic data or transactions from an unsupported bank.
To use this feature, you’ll first want to download the file from your bank or other app. If you have an option to choose the format, choose CSV. If you don't see that option, then select any spreadsheet option available and resave it as a CSV file.
Now that your file is ready, log into the web app on your computer at web.hurdlr.com/login, then follow these steps:
Click the gear icon in the top right corner
Select Import Income or Import Expenses
On the Import screen, use the drop-down to select if you want to import Both Expenses and Income, Expenses Only, or Income Only from the file you will be uploading
4. Select Add File
5. Select the file you want to upload
6. Click Next in the top right corner
7. Assign the columns from your spreadsheet by selecting the drop-down next to each field and selecting the corresponding header for the column with that data.
NOTE: If importing both income and expenses, you can select the 2 columns option if your income and expenses are listed in separate columns. For example, if your bank has one column for positive amounts (ie. deposits/income) and one column for negative amounts (ie. withdrawals/expenses), you’d want to select the “2 columns” option and select the correct column heading for the Amount (Out) (ie. expenses) and Amount (In) (ie. income). If your bank shows positive and negative numbers in the same column, you should not select the “2 columns” option.
8. After mapping the file columns, click Next in the top right corner
9. The overview page will list all of your transactions from the file. You can deselect the checkbox next to any transaction that you don’t want to import
10. Once you’re ready to import the selected transactions, click Done
11. You’ll get a pop up letting you know the import is complete and can click OK
You can then go to the Income and/or Expenses sections and tag your imported transactions.
If you have any questions about this process or run into any issues, there is a Chat/Help button in the top right corner to contact our Customer Success team.