To create a new invoice:
1. Click the Invoices button on the left side of the screen
2. Click the +New Invoice button
3. From there, choose which of your businesses and which client the invoice is for and enter your client’s email address - you can even cc or bcc yourself or another email address
4. After setting the business and client, you’ll see a few options appear: Add Item, Expense, or Time & Task.
a. By adding an Item, you can enter in a new line item to be added to the invoice
b. By adding an Expense, you can choose an existing expense that you’ve already tagged to your client to be added to the invoice
c. By adding a Time & Task, you can choose an existing time entry you’ve already tagged to your client to be added to the invoice
5. You also have the option to attach files such as receipts by clicking the Attach File button under Attachments
6. You can then set the invoice date, terms (ie. due date), frequency (ie. if it’s a recurring invoice or not), and whether you’d like to send payment reminders
7. Click Next in the top left corner
8. Select how you’d like to accept payment
a. If you’d like to accept payment via credit card, select the Credit Card option; we recommend this option, as your clients will pay you more quickly than Cash/Check, and Stripe will automatically deposit that income into your bank account
b. If not, you can select the cash/check option to collect the payment however you’d like
Note: You must toggle on one of these two options in order to send the invoice to your client.